Aug 13 (Reuters) – Spot cash basis bids for corn were steady to higher at river terminals and ethanol plants around the U.S. Midwest early on Wednesday in quiet trade after farmers sold light amounts of grain a day before, dealers said.
* Farmers sold small amounts of corn earlier in the week before the government released data on Tuesday showing expectations of a large bumper crop in the fall.
* Corn sales slowed after the report was released and remained quiet early on Wednesday, dealers said. Some growers called to ask about the results of the report early on Wednesday, but few were interested in selling, an Ohio grain merchant said.
* U.S. corn production will crack the 14-billion-bushel mark for the first time in 2014, the U.S. Department of Agriculture said on Tuesday, but the crop was slightly below trade expectations, potentially giving a bullish kick to the beaten-down corn futures market.
* Soybean bids were steady to higher at processors and elevators.
* The National Oilseed Processors Association is scheduled to release its crush data at 12 p.m. Eastern time (1600 GMT) on Friday. U.S. soy processors likely slowed their crushing pace by 2.4 percent during July as farmers ran low on soybeans from the 2013 harvest to sell to the crush plants, a Reuters poll found.
Basis values are quoted against CBOT futures in cts/bu: CORN SOYBEANS CINCINNATI OH +0 + U UNC +190 + X UNC BURNS HARBOR IN -8 + U UNC +125 + X UNC DECATUR IN -25 + U UNC DES MOINES IA UNQ UNC LINCOLN NE -14 + U UNC PROCESSORS CORN SOYBEANS DECATUR IL +30 + U UNC +200 + X UNC DECATUR IN +230 + X UNC MORRISTOWN IN +220 + X UNC LAFAYETTE IN +230 + X UP 5 CEDAR RAPIDS IA +16 + U UNC +150 + X UNC COUNCIL BLUFFS +140 + X UP 5 IA LINCOLN NE +110 + X UNC BLAIR NE -5 + U UNC RIVER TERMINALS CORN SOYBEANSTOLEDO OH -7 + U UP 1 +173 + X UNC SENECA IL +14 + U UP 9 +205 + X UNC SAVANNA IL +2 + U UNC -28 + X UNC DAVENPORT IA +4 + U UNC +100 + X UNC ETHANOL PLANTS LINDEN IN +13 + U UP 1 UNION CITY IN +12 + U UP 12 ANNAWAN IL +18 + U UNC COUNCIL BLUFFS -10 + U UNC IA SRW WHEAT TOLEDO OH +15 + U UNC CINCINNATI OH -30 + U UNC DECATUR IN +0 + U UNC BURNS HARBOR IN -20 + U UNC NOTES: 0 = Option price, UNC = Unchanged, UNQ = Unquoted, NC = Not comparable, DP = Delayed Price, U = September, X = November --------------------------------------------------------------- LINKS: For U.S. forward basis spreadsheets, please double-click on: - CBOT corn report - CBOT soybean report - CBOT wheat report - U.S. grain barge freight values - U.S. Midwest cash grain PM - U.S. CIF Gulf Grain - U.S. FOB Gulf Grain (Reporting by Meredith Davis in Chicago; Editing by Meredith Mazzilli)