Aug 14 (Reuters) – Spot cash basis bids for soybeans rose at processors around the U.S. Midwest early on Thursday as some facilities needed crushing supplies, dealers said.
* Other locations increased bids to stay in line with local competition, dealers said.
* Few farmers sold soybeans in the Eastern Corn Belt, but a processor in western Iowa noted a steady flow of old-crop soybean sales from farmers.
* The old-crop sales aided the processor in having a “healthy inventory” of crushing supplies, a dealer at the Iowa processor said.
* Few farmers sold corn, and bids for the grain held mostly steady at elevators and processors.
* However, corn bids at river terminals and ethanol plants were mixed as some locations raised their bids to spur farmer sales. Farmers sold small amounts of corn earlier in the week but sales have since tapered off.
* The National Oilseed Processors Association is scheduled to release its crush data at 12 p.m. EDT (1600 GMT) on Friday. U.S. soy processors likely slowed their crushing pace by 2.4 percent during July as farmers ran low on soybeans from the 2013 harvest to sell to the crush plants, a Reuters poll found.
Basis values are quoted against CBOT futures in cts/bu: CORN SOYBEANS CINCINNATI OH +0 + U UNC +190 + X UNC BURNS HARBOR IN -8 + U UNC +155 + X UP 30 DECATUR IN -25 + U UNC DES MOINES IA UNQ UNC LINCOLN NE -14 + U UNC PROCESSORS CORN SOYBEANS DECATUR IL +30 + U UNC +205 + X UP 5 DECATUR IN +250 + X UP 20 MORRISTOWN IN +230 + X UP 10 LAFAYETTE IN +225 + X DN 5 CEDAR RAPIDS IA +12 + U DN 4 +175 + X UP 25 COUNCIL BLUFFS IA +155 + X UP 15 LINCOLN NE +110 + X UNC BLAIR NE -5 + U UNC RIVER TERMINALS CORN SOYBEANSTOLEDO OH -3 + U UP 4 +173 + X UNC SENECA IL +12 + U DN 2 +210 + X UP 5 SAVANNA IL -1 + U DN 3 -28 + X UNC DAVENPORT IA +4 + U UNC +90 + X DN 10 ETHANOL PLANTS LINDEN IN +15 + U UP 2 UNION CITY IN +12 + U UNC ANNAWAN IL +17 + U DN 1 COUNCIL BLUFFS IA -8 + U UP 2 SRW WHEAT TOLEDO OH +15 + U UNC CINCINNATI OH -30 + U UNC DECATUR IN +0 + U UNC BURNS HARBOR IN -20 + U UNC NOTES: 0 = Option price, UNC = Unchanged, UNQ = Unquoted, NC = Not comparable, DP = Delayed Price, U = September, X = November --------------------------------------------------------------- LINKS: For U.S. forward basis spreadsheets, please double-click on: - CBOT corn report - CBOT soybean report - CBOT wheat report - U.S. grain barge freight values - U.S. Midwest cash grain PM - U.S. CIF Gulf Grain - U.S. FOB Gulf Grain (Reporting by Meredith Davis in Chicago; Editing by Peter Galloway)