June 9 (Reuters) – Spot basis bids for corn were mixed at processors and ethanol plants, but held steady at elevators around the U.S. Midwest on Monday as farmers were slow to sell crops, dealers said.
* Weaker U.S. corn futures values kept a lid on corn sales in the cash market, grain merchants said. Front-month July corn futures fell more than 2 percent on Monday.
* Corn bids were narrowly mixed at river terminals and ethanol plants as slowed farmer sales were offset by limited demand and plentiful supplies.
* Soybean basis bids held mostly steady in quiet trade. U.S. soybean futures traded higher but farmers waited before selling crops, dealers said.
* Crops were still being assessed in western portions of Iowa after a strong hail and wind storm caused damage last week, a dealer in Council Bluffs, Iowa said.
* Soft red winter wheat bids held steady and farmer sales were quiet while harvest is still a couple weeks away, dealers said.
Basis values are quoted against CBOT futures in cts/bu: CORN SOYBEANS CINCINNATI OH +2 + N UNC +95 + Q UNC BURNS HARBOR IN -12 + N UNC +15 + N UNC DECATUR IN -15 + N UNC DES MOINES IA UNQ UNC LINCOLN NE -13 + N UNC PROCESSORS CORN SOYBEANS DECATUR IL +18 + N UNC +95 + Q UNC DECATUR IN +115 + Q UNC MORRISTOWN IN +115 + Q UNC LAFAYETTE IN +115 + Q UNC CEDAR RAPIDS IA +23 + N DN 2 +70 + Q DN 5 COUNCIL BLUFFS IA +62 + Q UNC LINCOLN NE +62 + Q UNC BLAIR NE +0 + N UP 1 RIVER TERMINALS CORN SOYBEANS TOLEDO OH -13 + N UNC +85 + Q UNC SENECA IL -1 + N UNC +15 + N UNC SAVANNA IL -1 + N UNC -5 + N UP 2 DAVENPORT IA +5 + N UNC -1 + N UNC ETHANOL PLANTSLINDEN IN +0 + N UNC UNION CITY IN +9 + N DN 1 ANNAWAN IL +6 + N DN 2 COUNCIL BLUFFS IA +0 + N UNC SRW WHEAT TOLEDO OH +0 + N UNC CINCINNATI OH -10 + N UP 5 DECATUR IN -15 + N UNC BURNS HARBOR IN -20 + N UNC NOTES: 0 = Option price, UNC = Unchanged, UNQ = Unquoted, NC = Not comparable, DP = Delayed Price, N = July, Q = August --------------------------------------------------------------- LINKS: For U.S. forward basis spreadsheets, please double-click on: - CBOT corn report - CBOT soybean report - CBOT wheat report - U.S. grain barge freight values - U.S. Midwest cash grain PM - U.S. CIF Gulf Grain - U.S. FOB Gulf Grain (Reporting by Meredith Davis in Chicago; Editing by Meredith Mazzilli)