Following the Manitoba Crop Alliance’s (MCA) annual meeting Feb. 11, a new board of directors took office, the MCA said in a news release.
The board is comprised of 11 directors — three from the Corn Committee, two from the Sunflower Committee, two from the Flax Committee and four from the Wheat and Barley Committee.
The 2020-21 board members are:
- Leonard Wiebe, Carman, Corn Committee
- Jonothan Hodson, Lenore, Corn Committee
- Warren McCutcheon, Carman, Corn Committee
- Gregg Fotheringham, Reston, Sunflower Committee
- Mark McDonald, Virden, Sunflower Committee
- Eric Fridfinnson, Arborg, Flax Committee
- Nick Matheson, Stonewall, Flax Committee
- Robert Misko, Roblin, Wheat and Barley Committee
- Ryan Hueging, Woodlands, Wheat and Barley Committee
- Doug Martin, East Selkirk, Wheat and Barley Committee
- Fred Greig, Reston, Wheat and Barley Committee
Each of the new directors were elected from their respective crop committees during meetings held Jan. 13 and 14.
The executive committee will be determined at a reorganizational meeting which was to be held this week.
“MCA extends its sincere appreciation to the previous directors and crop committee delegates for all of their efforts in the successful launch of MCA last year and everything accomplished on behalf of Manitoba farmers in our first operational year,” MCA chief executive officer Pam de Rocquigny said in a news release. “We look forward to welcoming the new board of directors to build on last year’s momentum, and to continue to work stronger together to ensure wheat, barley, corn, sunflower and flax farmers in Manitoba are successful and profitable.”