Aug 20 (Reuters) – Spot soybean processor bids were steady to higher around the U.S. Midwest on Wednesday as processors attempted to spur some farmer selling, dealers said.
* Soybeans increased by 15 to 20 cents per bushel at some processors around the region.
* A lack of old-crop soybeans and slow sales from farmers that do have supplies kept inventory levels low at some processors.
* Spot corn bids held mostly steady around the region in quiet trade as soft Chicago Board of Trade corn futures dragged on cash values, dealers said.
* Corn yield prospects in southwest Iowa were above last year’s, boosted by good weather this summer, scouts on an annual crop tour found on Wednesday.
* Corn and soybean fields were damp and mostly healthy in west central Illinois, where the crops were on track for record yields at harvest, scouts on one leg of an annual U.S. Midwest crop tour found.
Basis values are quoted against CBOT futures in cts/bu: Current Previous Bid Bid Chicago, Illinois Corn processors +25 + U +25 + U UNC Corn elevators +0 + U +0 + U UNC Soybean elevators +175 + X +175 + X UNC Wheat elevators -5 + U -5 + U UNC Wheat processors -10 + U -10 + U UNC Decatur IL corn +40 + U +40 + U UNC Decatur IL soybeans +290 + X +275 + X UP 15 Burns Harbor IN corn -8 + U -8 + U UNC Burns Harbor IN soy +175 + X +175 + X UNC Lafayette IN soy +265 + X +245 + X UP 20 Toledo OH (port) Corn -3 + U -3 + U UNC Soy +170 + X +170 + X UNC SRW wheat +15 + U +15 + U UNC Davenport IA (river) Corn +9 + U +5 + U UP 4 Soy +115 + X +110 + X UP 5 Evansville IN (rail) 15-car CSX corn +12 + U +12 + U UNC Cincinnati OH (rail) 3-car corn -3 + U -3 + U UNCHereford TX corn +115 + U +115 + U UNC Columbus OH (rail) 3-car corn +10 + U +10 + U UNC Morris IL (river) Corn +12 + U +12 + U UNC Soybeans +215 + X +215 + X UNC Fort Worth TX corn +120 + U +120 + U UNC Blair NE corn +0 + U +0 + U UNC Council Bluffs, IA (elevator) Corn -4 + U -4 + U UNC Soy +100 + X +100 + X UNC Des Moines IA soy UNQ UNQ UNC Sioux City IA soy +240 + X +225 + X UP 15 NOTE: 0 = option price, UNC = Unchanged, UNQ = Unquoted, NC = Not comparable, DP = Delayed Price, U = September, X = November ---------------------------------------------------------------- LINKS: For U.S. forward basis spreadsheets, please double-click on: - CBOT corn report - CBOT soybean report - CBOT wheat report - U.S. grain barge freight values - U.S. Midwest cash grain PM - U.S. CIF Gulf Grain - U.S. FOB Gulf Grain (Reporting by Meredith Davis in Chicago; Editing by Dan Grebler)