July 11 (Reuters) – Spot cash basis bids for corn were mixed in the U.S. Midwest early Friday, as many farmers in the eastern Corn Belt focused on the soft red wheat harvest and held off booking crop sales, dealers said.
* The growers largely remain uninterested in booking crop sales due to soft Chicago Board of Trade corn and soy futures, dealers said.
* Corn bids slipped by 2 cents to 7 cents per bushel at elevators and processors around the region. Bids at river terminals and ethanol plants rose by 2 cents to 53 cents per bushel.
* Soybean and soft red winter wheat bids held mostly steady.
* Farmers in Indiana and Ohio focused on harvesting SRW wheat in areas where field conditions allowed. Scattered rains and wet conditions in the past week have delayed wheat harvest progress in several areas of the eastern Corn Belt region.
* A southern Ohio processor will likely be open for a limited time on Saturday for farmers to deliver freshly cut wheat, a dealer at the location said.
* Grain merchants had expected the wheat harvest pace to pick up, barring any additional rain storms, but the National Weather Services has forecast showers and thunderstorms over the weekend for the U.S. Corn Belt through the Upper Midwest.
* The U.S. Department of Agriculture was scheduled to release its monthly crop supply and demand report on Friday at 12 p.m. EDT (1600 GMT).
Basis values are quoted against CBOT futures in cts/bu: CORN SOYBEANS CINCINNATI OH +5 + Q UNC +100 + Q UNC BURNS HARBOR IN -15 + U UNC +45 + Q UNC DECATUR IN -25 + U DN 7 DES MOINES IA UNQ UNC LINCOLN NE -16 + U UNC PROCESSORS CORN SOYBEANS DECATUR IL +23 + U UP 3 +100 + Q UNCDECATUR IN +100 + Q UNC MORRISTOWN IN +110 + Q UNC LAFAYETTE IN +90 + Q UNC CEDAR RAPIDS IA +16 + U DN 2 +80 + Q UNC COUNCIL BLUFFS IA +70 + Q UNC LINCOLN NE +85 + Q UNC BLAIR NE -5 + U DN 2 RIVER TERMINALS CORN SOYBEANS TOLEDO OH -10 + U UNC +72 + Q UNC SENECA IL +14 + U UNC +85 + Q UNC SAVANNA IL +6 + U UP 2 -14 + N DN 9 DAVENPORT IA +13 + U UP 5 +80 + Q UP 2 ETHANOL PLANTS LINDEN IN +8 + U UNC UNION CITY IN -12 + U UNC ANNAWAN IL +14 + U UNC COUNCIL BLUFFS IA -13 + U UNC SRW WHEAT TOLEDO OH +5 + U UNC CINCINNATI OH +5 + U UNC DECATUR IN +0 + U UNC BURNS HARBOR IN +0 + U UNC NOTES: 0 = Option price, UNC = Unchanged, UNQ = Unquoted, NC = Not comparable, DP = Delayed Price, N = July, Q = August, U = September --------------------------------------------------------------- LINKS: For U.S. forward basis spreadsheets, please double-click on: - CBOT corn report - CBOT soybean report - CBOT wheat report - U.S. grain barge freight values - U.S. Midwest cash grain PM - U.S. CIF Gulf Grain - U.S. FOB Gulf Grain (Reporting by Meredith Davis in Chicago; Editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)