Dec 27 (Reuters) - Corn and soy cash basis bids held mostly
steady at U.S. Midwest processors and elevators early on Friday
as many growers checked new crop prices, but were hesitant to
book sales, dealers said.
* Farmers were still in holiday mode holding off on selling
crops until the new year, dealers said.
* Several dealers around the region said farmers mainly
called to ask about new crop prices.
* Some Indiana farmers inquired about delivering soybeans
this month that were previously contracted for January delivery,
a dealer said. Some growers want to clear out space in on-farm
storage bins, the dealer said.
* Steady soybeans deliveries were expected to a processor in
Council Bluffs, Iowa. The processor expects to receive an
average of 300 trucks before the end of 2013, a dealer at the
* Late on Thursday a closely watched processor in Decatur,
Illinois increased its soybean bid by 3 cents to 13 per bushel.
* A corn processor in Blair, Nebraska also increased its bid
late on Thursday by 2 cents.
* CBOT corn futures were firm supported by
better-than-expected weekly U.S. corn export sales. Gains were
limited by improved South American crop weather and concerns
about China's recent rejection of U.S. corn cargoes.
* USDA reported U.S. corn weekly export sales of 1.48 tonnes
for the period ended Dec. 19, up 79 percent from the previous
* USDA reported U.S. soybean weekly export sales of 720,000
tonnes for the period ended Dec. 19.
Basis values quoted against CBOT futures in cents/bushel:
CINCINNATI OH -11 + H UNC -5 + F UNC
BURNS HARBOR IN -20 + H UNC -20 + F UNC
DECATUR IN -15 + H UNC
DES MOINES IA UNQ UNC
LINCOLN NE -18 + H UNC
DECATUR IL +2 + H UNC +13 + F UP 3
DECATUR IN -9 + F UNC
MORRISTOWN IN -2 + F UNC
LAFAYETTE IN +5 + F UNC
CEDAR RAPIDS IA +15 + H UNC -27 + F UNC
COUNCIL BLUFFS IA -30 + F UNC
LINCOLN NE -20 + F UNC
BLAIR NE +7 + H UP 2
TOLEDO OH -14 + H UNC -5 + F UNC
SENECA IL -18 + H UNC +7 + F UNC
SAVANNA IL unq H UNC unq H UNC
DAVENPORT IA -4 + H UNC -8 + H UNC
LINDEN IN -6 + H UNC
UNION CITY IN +0 + H UNC
ANNAWAN IL +0 + H DN 4
COUNCIL BLUFFS IA -8 + H UNC
TOLEDO OH -20 + H UNC
CINCINNATI OH -42 + H UNC
DECATUR IN -10 + H UNC
BURNS HARBOR IN -47 + H UNC
NOTES: 0 = Option price, UNC = Unchanged, UNQ = Unquoted,
NC = Not comparable, DP = Delayed Price, F = January, H = March
For U.S. forward basis spreadsheets, please double-click on:
- CBOT corn report
- CBOT soybean report
- CBOT wheat report
- U.S. grain barge freight values
- U.S. Midwest cash grain PM
- U.S. CIF Gulf Grain
- U.S. FOB Gulf Grain
(Reporting by Meredith Davis in Chicago; Editing by Chizu