May 9 (Reuters) – Soybean and corn spot basis bids were steady to slighter higher at elevators and processors around the U.S. Midwest early on Friday in quiet trade, dealers said.
* A southern Ohio processor increased its soybean bid by 5 cents per bushel in an effort to entice farmers to market as they largely concentrated on planting, a dealer said.
* The U.S. Department of Agriculture is scheduled to release the monthly supply and demand report on Friday at 11 a.m. CDT (1600 GMT). Farmers waited to see the report before booking any crop sales, dealers said.
* Scattered rain showers forced farmers out of the fields in northern portions of the Eastern Corn Belt, but farmers hurried to plant as much as possible in areas where rain had not fallen yet, dealers said.
* In the Western Corn Belt, clear skies allowed farmers to largely remain in planting mode. Some were finished with corn and began to plant soybeans, a Council Bluffs, Iowa dealer said.
* Crop deliveries were steady but a lighter volume which is generally expected during planting season, dealers said.
* Many dealers were interested in knowing the planting progress in other areas than their own and awaited the government’s weekly tally on Monday.
Basis values are quoted against CBOT futures in cts/bu: CORN SOYBEANS CINCINNATI OH -10 + N UNC +35 + N UP 5 BURNS HARBOR IN -15 + N UNC +22 + N UNC DECATUR IN -30 + N UNC DES MOINES IA UNQ UNC LINCOLN NE -19 + N UNC PROCESSORS CORN SOYBEANS DECATUR IL +12 + N UP 2 +35 + N UNC DECATUR IN +60 + N UNC MORRISTOWN IN +55 + N UNC LAFAYETTE IN +55 + N UNC CEDAR RAPIDS IA +1 + N UNC +8 + N UNC COUNCIL BLUFFS IA +10 + N UNC LINCOLN NE +10 + N UNCBLAIR NE -11 + N UNC RIVER TERMINALS CORN SOYBEANS TOLEDO OH -19 + N UNC +30 + N UNC SENECA IL -2 + N UNC +4 + N UNC SAVANNA IL -9 + N UNC -5 + N UP 1 DAVENPORT IA -3 + N UP 2 -2 + N UNC ETHANOL PLANTS LINDEN IN -8 + N UNC UNION CITY IN +0 + N UNC ANNAWAN IL -4 + N UP 1 COUNCIL BLUFFS IA -15 + N UNC SRW WHEAT TOLEDO OH -8 + N UNC CINCINNATI OH -25 + N UNC DECATUR IN -15 + N UNC BURNS HARBOR IN -25 + N UNC NOTES: 0 = Option price, UNC = Unchanged, UNQ = Unquoted, NC = Not comparable, DP = Delayed Price, K = May, N = July --------------------------------------------------------------- LINKS: For U.S. forward basis spreadsheets, please double-click on: - CBOT corn report - CBOT soybean report - CBOT wheat report - U.S. grain barge freight values - U.S. Midwest cash grain PM - U.S. CIF Gulf Grain - U.S. FOB Gulf Grain (Reporting by Meredith Davis in Chicago; Editing by Marguerita Choy)