Grilled Zucchini with Italian Seasoning
- 1-2 medium zucchini
- 1-2 tbsp. canola oil
- 1-2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- (basil, oregano, salt, pepper, garlic powder)
1. Preheat grill to medium high.
2. Wash and slice zucchini in 1.5-cm (1/2-inch) slices. Do not peel.
3. Brush oil on both sides of each zucchini slice.
4. Sprinkle seasoning on each side of zucchini slice.
5. Place zucchini on grill leaving a little space between slices.
7. Remove from grill and enjoy!
Perogy Zucchini Boats
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 c. mashed potatoes or 60 g (1/2 pkg.) instant mashed potatoes
- 1 c. dry curd cottage cheese
- 1/2 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 c. real bacon bits
- 1/4 c. sauerkraut, drained, patted dry and finely chopped 2 tsp. chopped fresh dill, divided
- Dollop sour cream
Wash and cut each zucchini in half, lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and centre, leaving at least 1/4-inch-thick zucchini boats.
Preheat oven to 400 F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
If using, prepare instant mashed potatoes according to package directions. Let cool.
Mix mashed potatoes, cottage cheese, cheddar, onion powder, bacon bits, sauerkraut and 1 tsp. dill.
Place the zucchini in the baking dish cut side up.
Spoon the perogy filling into the zucchini boats. Press the mixture down using back of spoon.
Cover baking dish with foil. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until soft enough for fork to easily go into zucchini, but still firm.
Remove from oven and garnish with dollop of sour cream and remaining dill.
Source: Terri Gilson from www.foodmeanderings.com