Youth ages 16-24 are invited to enter Agriculture in the Classroom-Manitoba “Speaking of Agriculture” speech competition at the Discover Agriculture in the City event at the Forks in Winnipeg Mar. 21.
Deadline for entries is Friday, Mar. 6.
The winner will receive a $300 and an all-expense paid trip for the student and a chaperone (if winner is under age 18) to the Toronto Royal Fair to compete in the Canadian Young Speakers for Agriculture Competition. There is also a $100 for prize for honourable mentions.
The five- to seven-minute speech must be on one of the five agriculture topics set for the 2015 competition year:
- The biggest challenge facing Canadian agriculture today is…
- What role should government play in assisting young people entering farm businesses?
- Here’s how our changing climate is affecting Canadian agriculture.
- This Canadian has significantly influenced agriculture.
- The one thing modern Canadian farmers must have is…
For more information and a full list of rules, visit the Agriculture in the Classroom website.