St. Mary s St. Alban s Church south of Manitou, Man. was built in 1892 in memory of the Hon. William Winram. He had come from England and settled in the Riverdale district south of Manitou. He was elected to the Manitoba legislature in 1878 and sat as a member for 13 years. The church was named St. Mary s after the parish church of the Winram family in England and
the laying of the cornerstone took place in July, 1892. This is the only fieldstone church in the RM of Pembina.